Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pupil's respond 2-Our Festivals in Singapore

. Tell us about the festival you celebrate:I celebrated Chinese New Year.

2. Why do you celebrate this festival:I celebrate Chinese New Year as I am a Chinese and it is important to me.

3. How do you celebrate the festival:I celebrate it by receiving red packets and by playing computer games.

4. Do you know what are the festivals celebrated by the other races? If so, could you name a few? Also tell us who celebrate them and why they celebrate them:I can think of Thaipusam.It is celebrated by the Hindus. It is important to them as the people there.

5. Do you think the celebration of the various festivals help in strengthening racial harmony among the various race in Singapore? If so, how?Yes. It allows us to better understand their culture, get involved together in one another's celebration and developed stronger bonds through that.

6. In your opinion, how can we develop stronger bonds among the various races in Singapore?I can develop stronger bonds among the various races in Singapore by engaging with each other more through activities that can be held by schools, work places and our neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment